Our institution proves distinct in its unique Counselling System that sets it apart from other institutions. The admission of students is based on single-window system by means of open counselling following the reservation norms of the Government of Tamil Nadu. This system validates better opportunities for meritorious students in a transparent manner. Students from all caste and religious backgrounds can make their space with their merit in part to the reservation norms of the government. This system proposes a unique standard in regularizing the admission pattern. This pattern is very effectively propagated in our institution to usher a greater transparency. Both the UG and PG admissions strictly follow the single-window counselling system. This system prevents all kinds of irregularities in admissions like recommendations and delays. Our institution takes pride in executing this process with much proficiency.
The reservation norms of the State Government of Tamil Nadu is rigorously monitored in our institution. The admission is made purely on the basis of merit, subject to the rule of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The space for Open Competition (OC), Backward Classes (BC), BC Muslims, Most Backward classes (MBC), Denotified Communities (DNC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Arunthathiyars (SCA) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) are precisely reserved. A rank list will be prepared based on the marks gained by the students and are segregated as per the reservation. The college strictly follows the Government reservation norms for admissions. This is followed by the counselling, for which a selection committee is organized.
The Selection Committee for the UG and PG courses consists of the Principal, the Head of the Department and two senior most Selection Grade staff of the College. The counselling is conducted on different dates for each department and informed in advance to the candidates through college website. As per the information, the students who have applied for admission gather with their parents or guardians for an open counselling. The rank list is declared and the students can claim their seat if they deserve a better rank. If the students sense that their rank is listed wrong, they can show their marks and prove that they have better marks than their competitor. The selection committee immediately looks into the issue and will admit the deserving student. Thus, the entire process happens amidst the presence of students and the deserving meritorious students get admitted according to the reservation quota. This transparent process paves way for a regular admission process and indeed creates space for commendable students. The selected students are then probed to pay their fees to confirm their admission. The payment of fees is again a trait of a clear procedure. The students pay their fees through online transaction and this highlights the transparency of our institution in fees collection.
The reason for incorporating the provision of reservation in the constitution of India was to promote social justice i.e. there shall be no discrimination against any person on grounds of backwardness and equal opportunity shall be provided to every person. Our institution succeeds in the levelling of the society by including candidates from every section of the public. Equality is indeed essential to implement meritocracy and our institution has succeeded in practicing it. It has helped even students from backward sections to achieve higher posts and services in the public sector and some private institutions as well.
- The college strives continuously for excellent educational service to the nation and to serve as a valuable resource for community and society.
- The digital infrastructure and efficient faculty of the institution aims to empower the students to adapt to digital world. Wi-Fi and LAN connections are provided to support the teaching-learning process.
- Students, Teaching and non-teaching staffs are equipped with ICT resources
- The College uncompromisingly manages administration, finance and accounts, student admission and support virtually.
- Our institution strives to promote sustainable and eco-friendly practices like Roof top solar panel, Rain water management, Solid waste management within the campus.
- Our institution provides importance to maintain trees and plants in the campus. The “Pasumaikalanchiam” is a book on the flora of the campus is a valuable record of all vegetations available on the campus released.
- Our college has setup a unique “Avanakkalanchiam” to preserve antiques, artifacts and records of the college and things in general having antique value.
- Our college gives priority to promote education for poor students and girl students of rural background.